Re: Problem with JTAlert 2.16.17

Norman Heyen

Hi Laurie,
Sorry for missing that but after changing it, closing out of the programs and rebooting the PC I still get the error message, only the address has changed.

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port : 2237
  IP Address : 127.0.0.1
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...
    C:\Users\nheye\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.3.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

Should the UDP Port and IP Address in JTAlert match the 2237 and 127.0.0.1 in WSJT-X ? Or have I messed those up as well?

Thanks for your help,
Norman

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 24/02/2021 7:47 am, Norman Heyen wrote:
Thank you for your help Joe,
Unfortunately that is exactly what I have setup. I cannot seem to be able to make it work in any version later than 2.16.10 - works fine there but anything newer opens but gives me the error message.
Any other place that I can look?
Norman

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:34 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

 > Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
 >    UDP Port : 2237
 >    IP Address : 127.1.1.1
 >    Values read from WSJT-X config file...
 >      C:\Users\nheye\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

In WSJTX -> File -> Setting -> Reporting -> UDP Server

Set UDP Server (IP Address) = 127.0.0.1
Set UDP Server port number = 2237
Check "Accept UDP requests" and "notify on accepted UDP request"

Did you change the UDP Server IP address on WSJT-X as suggested. Try 127.0.0.1 rather than 127.1.1.1
You will need to restart JTAlert after any change in UDP Server settings.