locked Re: FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

asobel@...

Tom

I am just following a thread that was started yesterday on this group by Frank I2DMI. There is no way to restart it on another group.

I have reproduced the whole thread for you

Amos 4X4MF

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Job
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 8:16 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Wouldn’t this be better served on the WSJT-X group, Amos??  This group is for HamApps.

Just sayin’….

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of asobel@...
Sent: February 22, 2021 11:27

Mike

Thank you for your comments.

I am not familiar with the internals of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Please explain the role of Hamlib.

I did create 6 instances of WSJT-X only 4 working concurrently. Lately I did create 7th and 8th instances but they did not work. Any explanation?

How many concurrent WSJT-X instances are you able to use?

I am facing the same problem as Frank, I2DMI, which is important because of its interaction with my StepIR antenna which is dangerous to the power amplifier.

In addition,  starting Tx on two instances makes 6600/SSDR Tx alternately on 2 slices.

Any thoughts will be welcome

Amos 4X4MF

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of m_scot_alex
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 2:03 PM

Amos -

I didn't write that WSJT-X  doesn't work with SSDR - I run two 6700s, one of which feeds eight instances of WSJT-X and JTA. What I did write is that Hamlib doesn't fully support SSDR - it only supports "VFO A" and "VFO B" - it has no concept of switching between SSDR panadapters and/or slices, so it can't designate a specific slice for transmitting without resorting to COM port emulation for each slice. This was a bigger issue before SSDR and SmartCAR implemented 'Auto TX Switiching' but still causes some operational issues (as you noted) and I'm corresponding with the developers about how to implement a complete solution.

And, as I said, this should be moved to WSJT-X list.

Mike - N8MSA

=====================================

Frank

I am too, using Flex 6600 and 4x WSJT-X and JTAlert and I have the same problem.

Even worse, I am using a StepIR antenna which does start to tune, by command from SmartSDR,  only after  Tx is started.

I did complain on this issue to Flex support but so far, they did not come out with a solution.

Amos 4X4MF

==================================

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of i2dmi frank
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 12:10 AM
Subject: [HamApps] FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Hello.
for FT8 dxing activity I'm using a FLEX 6600 with 4  WSJT instances (win10).
Which way can I have the "active slice" (A-B-C-D) changed when I single-click over one of the other WSJT's window?
I mean: if I'm on 40mt and active slice is B; If I want to change to 80mt., I click over WSJT A window but actually active slice doesn't move from B to A! No changes until the transmission is activated. 
Please Help. 
73 Frank i2dmi 
(apologies for mistakes)

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#33374) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [asobel@...]

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.