locked Re: FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Gregg E. McArthur

Amish, I use the flex 6700 and it works very effectively with four slices on ft8. Since I have a multi-band antenna that is resonant on the five high bands, I am able to monitor ft8 on four of the high bands. It takes a few moments to switch from one ft 8 to the next but after going through all of the DX stations on 20 m, it is easy to quickly switch to 17 m. Unfortunately, I have to use an antenna tuner for the low bands I have slices set for 30 and 40 m or for 40 and 80 m at night and so that it is easy to see the signals on the lower bands but when I switch from one slice to another, like from 40 to 80 m, I need to switch to a very low output on CW to retune the multi-band off center fed dipole antenna before I can begin transmitting on that lower frequency band. I can usually go through most of the DX stations in about an hour before I switch to the next band to see what is going on there.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021, 11:16 AM Tom Job <ve3ii@...> wrote:

Wouldn’t this be better served on the WSJT-X group, Amos??  This group is for HamApps.

Just sayin’….

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of asobel@...
Sent: February 22, 2021 11:27
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Mike

Thank you for your comments.

I am not familiar with the internals of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Please explain the role of Hamlib.

I did create 6 instances of WSJT-X only 4 working concurrently. Lately I did create 7th and 8th instances but they did not work. Any explanation?

How many concurrent WSJT-X instances are you able to use?

I am facing the same problem as Frank, I2DMI, which is important because of its interaction with my StepIR antenna which is dangerous to the power amplifier.

In addition,  starting Tx on two instances makes 6600/SSDR Tx alternately on 2 slices.

Any thoughts will be welcome

Amos 4X4MF