locked Re: FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Gregg E. McArthur

Amish, I use the flex 6700 and it works very effectively with four slices on ft8. Since I have a multi-band antenna that is resonant on the five high bands, I am able to monitor ft8 on four of the high bands. It takes a few moments to switch from one ft 8 to the next but after going through all of the DX stations on 20 m, it is easy to quickly switch to 17 m. Unfortunately, I have to use an antenna tuner for the low bands I have slices set for 30 and 40 m or for 40 and 80 m at night and so that it is easy to see the signals on the lower bands but when I switch from one slice to another, like from 40 to 80 m, I need to switch to a very low output on CW to retune the multi-band off center fed dipole antenna before I can begin transmitting on that lower frequency band. I can usually go through most of the DX stations in about an hour before I switch to the next band to see what is going on there.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021, 11:16 AM Tom Job <ve3ii@...> wrote:

Wouldn’t this be better served on the WSJT-X group, Amos??  This group is for HamApps.

Just sayin’….

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of asobel@...
Sent: February 22, 2021 11:27
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Mike

Thank you for your comments.

I am not familiar with the internals of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Please explain the role of Hamlib.

I did create 6 instances of WSJT-X only 4 working concurrently. Lately I did create 7th and 8th instances but they did not work. Any explanation?

How many concurrent WSJT-X instances are you able to use?

I am facing the same problem as Frank, I2DMI, which is important because of its interaction with my StepIR antenna which is dangerous to the power amplifier.

In addition,  starting Tx on two instances makes 6600/SSDR Tx alternately on 2 slices.

Any thoughts will be welcome

Amos 4X4MF

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of m_scot_alex
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 2:03 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] FLEX 6600 four slices HELP

Amos -

I didn't write that WSJT-X  doesn't work with SSDR - I run two 6700s, one of which feeds eight instances of WSJT-X and JTA. What I did write is that Hamlib doesn't fully support SSDR - it only supports "VFO A" and "VFO B" - it has no concept of switching between SSDR panadapters and/or slices, so it can't designate a specific slice for transmitting without resorting to COM port emulation for each slice. This was a bigger issue before SSDR and SmartCAR implemented 'Auto TX Switiching' but still causes some operational issues (as you noted) and I'm corresponding with the developers about how to implement a complete solution.

And, as I said, this should be moved to WSJT-X list.

Mike - N8MSA

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.