locked Re: More CQ Marathon info

Phil Cooper

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. It does save a bit of time, and is something I will be doing from now on, at least until I can make Marathon alerts pop up when they ARE needed.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve, N3SL
Sent: 05 February 2021 22:17
To: Support@hamapps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] More CQ Marathon info

Phil,

If you know you've only worked a new Marathon, scroll to the Marathon box in the "rebuild" window and simply rebuild that - only.  I have 30k Qs, and it takes 8 seconds.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 4:08 PM Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper=suremail.gg@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Just out of curiosity, I did check, and Albania is NOT in the wanted list

Still puzzled, but I will figure it out!

Currently, the only option after working a new Marathon entity (CQ Zone or DXCC) is to do a rebuild, which is not a major issue, but with over 100k QSO’s, it can take a few minutes.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim N6VH
Sent: 05 February 2021 15:56
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] More CQ Marathon info

On 2/5/2021 6:16 AM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:

Hi Steve,

For that call, it was a Marathon alert first and foremost.I have new Marathon entities set to a specific colour, and that is what it showed, and said.

Given that this call was previously worked on another band, it should not have given me a new Marathon alert.

I already have ZA worked, confirmed and verified on 30m, it should not have alerted me for a Wanted Prefix or DXCC, and that was not the alert type. I don't have grids set as an alert, so it won't have been that.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil,

The Auto Clear is permanent.

You might have already done this, but you might want to make certain that none of the relevant settings have changed. IOW, Auto Clear is still checked, no QSL for Marathon, Any Band, Any Mode. They shouldn't have changed, but it might be worth a check.

Also, go to Settings - CQ Marathon, and see if Albania is listed in the "Not Wanted" or "Wanted" listing.

Even if you have already done thes, it is sometimes a good idea to a double, or even triple check.

Jim N6VH

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.