locked Re: JT Alert Not Triggering TX

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 6/02/2021 11:46 am, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
The call sign shows up in JTAlert, but does not transfer to the RX Frequency window in WSJT-X when clicked.  I went back in and looked at the UDP settings and they were all checked. I even changed the UDP Server address to yours, but that didn't work, so I put my former address back.

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR
If the Callsign is not being transferred to the DXCall field of WSJT-X that indicates one or two possibilities, either the "Accept UDP requests" is not enabled or that the decode that corresponds to the Callsign no longer exists within the WSJT-X list of decodes. If the decodes have been cleared in WSJT-X than it will not respond to Callsign click events from JTAlert, that is how WSJT-X is coded (as part of its anti-robot framework) and not something JTAlert can control (and not that I would want it to, the automated robot stations that now pollute the bands are a scurge on the hobby IMHO).

If this worked in the past, when did it stop working and what changed at that time, was it a JTAlert or WSJT-X upgrade?

If all else fails try a Windows restart, it can't hurt.