locked Re: Multiple instances #FT8 #JTDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/01/2021 9:19 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:
My previous post didn't appear so I am repeating.
I have two issues. First, the 4th instance of JTAlert does not decode anything. The first 3 are OK but not #4.
Secondly, does JTAlert function with multiple instances of JTDX? The first instance is fine but not any other ones.
Thanks for your help.
John W9iLY

Check the UDP server settings for your 4th instance. How do you have the UDP server settings set, are you using a multicast IP or "127.0.0.1" with unique UDP port for each instance technique? If the latter, you will likely find your 4th instance is using the same port as one of your other instances.

Send me a support request. Bring up your 4 instances, it doesn't matter that one is failing, wait 5 minutes to give JTAlert sufficient time to capture a snapshot of your running processes, before sending the support request.

There is no limit to the number of JTDX instances (expect the max 16 that JTAlert also applies to WSJT-X). Don't try an mix and match WSJT-X and JTDX instances, use one or the other.