Re: QSO dates missing in HRD from JTAlert UDP/2333 #HRD

Ronald Panetta

Bill:

First let me start out by saying I just installed a new PC in the shack. Prior to this I did not do much digital as they old machine was way too slow. So with the new machine, I installed the latest software as a baseline so I don't have any history of past issues.
  • HRD: V6.7.0.323
  • WSJT: V2.2.2
  • JTAlert: V2.16.17
When I set things up the way you have it (my original config) I was missing dates as:
image.png

When I check the secondary logging box I get dups as expected and HRD easily cleans those up.

Logging Capture, 2021-01-13-1015 (5 QSO, Dual Logging).PNG

I get the correct behaviour when I log from WSJT (secondary logging box) and disable logging in JTAlert. The concern is two fold:
  • Secondary logging in WSJT is deprecated
  • Hate to have the logging daisy chained (JTAlert logs to WSJT which then logs to HRD). Seems cleaner if JTAlert logs to both WSJT and HRD
Ron

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:21 AM William W1WAB <wab.w1wab@...> wrote:

Ron--

I have no issues with logging date/time in HRD. Setup is HRD 6.7.0.277; WSJT 2.2.2; JT Alert 2.16.8

Please note that in WSJT, Secondary UDP 2333 box is not checked off in the Reporting Tab

I found that when the box was checked (as needed for Gridtracker) the QSO dates did not get recorded in the HRD log. (I no longer use Gridtracker)

Hope this helps, 73, Bill W1WAB

--
Ron & Janet Panetta
7913 Walking Stick Way