locked Re: JTALERT - "pre-loading" worked callsigns

Steve Roth - AD4K

Okay, after some monitoring I need to ask an important question - Is JTALERT "smart enough" to differentiate my contacts as to band and mode?  Example, say I worked a station on 40M on FT8.  Later I worked the same station on 40M FT4.  Will it show that station as "B4" or not?

Basically, I tried in my "truth test" to prove that my uploading of the ADI file of previous QSO's would match my logging up for "B4" purposes.  I looked for a contact to prove to myself that JTALERT was NOT going to indicate "B4" if it was on the same band and same mode.  I could not find any.

Okay, I think that I have used enough of your valuable time.  I like JTALERT and it is a great help in filtering through the digital stuff so I can pay attention to what I really need.  Thanks so much for your patience.

Regards, Steve   - AD4K - Central Florida

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Steve Roth via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am doing a "truth test" to determine if my file worked.  So, I will let you know after I monitor the situation.  I really appreciate your quick help.  Regards, Steve  AD4K

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 8:55 PM Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
> Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from
> HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I
> loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as
> "B4", but they did not.

There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send
it to me direct and I will test it.
Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

Also , Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main
JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.