locked Re: WSJT-X and JT Alert Conflicting

Jamie GOLLY

Hi Dave, I have a 991A as well with no issues running WSJT-X and JT Alert. This is my set up on Win 10.

Best of luck

Jamie
K6NGN

On Jan 6, 2021, at 8:16 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2021 2:18 am, K5HC@... wrote:

I am having a random problem with WSJT-X and JT Alert apparently conflicting somehow.  First, I little information about my setup.  I am using a Yaesu FT-991A which has an internal sound card and is connected to my Windows 10 computer via a USB connection.  When I run WSJT-X all by itself, it seems to work flawlessly.  However when I run it with JT Alert, something happens randomly that on a transmit cycle, my transmitter will key up but there is no output power showing on my wattmeter.  If I close JT Alert, sometimes the problem is solved and other times I have to shut down WSJT-X as well to get things working again.  BTW, I have Sound OFF in JT Alert if that makes a difference.

I am running WSJT-X v.2.2.2 and JT Alert 2.16.17

JT Alert is a great program, just wish I could use it with WSJT-X reliably.  Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and 73,

Dave

K5HC

A fix is hard to suggest as you have provided minimal data about your operating environment.
What are your PC specs, number of CPU cores, CPU speed, installed Ram, Windows version?

It is very unlikely that JTAlert is directly influencing your transmissions.

You indicated that it is random whether you experience loss of TX suggesting to me that it is likely an RFI issue. USB controlled transceivers tend to be susceptible to RF in the shack. Try running into a dummy load, does the loss of TX still occur?

Another possibility is that your PC is under-resourced. What sort of CPU usage numbers is taskmanager showing? How late is WSJT-X in finishing processing period decodes, does it run into the new period?

Use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.