locked Re: New User of JTAlert v2.16.17 (and WSJT-X v2.2.2 and DXKeeper Logging)

Robert Lorenzini

I can't respond to you're specific problems but you need to
upgrade to the latest (3.4.9) before posting a problem. There
have been fixes since 3.5.7. That may not fix your problem but
it puts us all on the same page.  Happy holidays to you and
the group.

Bob - wd6dod

On 12/23/2020 4:16 PM, Dick Bingham wrote:
Hello again

I highly suspect my DELL Laptop E6510 W7 with 4G of RAM is the problem.
when the following SW is running:

- PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.4.7
- Voicemeeter Banana
- WSJT-X v2.2.2
- DXKeeper 15.7.2
- JTAlert 2.16.17

The available free RAM drops below 350MB according to Win Task Manager.
I now only click "OK" in the pop-up logging window after my last transmission
has cleared. I have a reasonably fast internet connection and use a router to
connect with remote computers.

JTAlert DOES present a success or failure message after the logging has finished.
Same for the pop-up window associated with the WSJT-X logger.

What is the significance of a call displayed as AA7Aw - AZ VS AA7AW - AZ
where one 'cell' is underlined and another is not underlined ?

73  Dick/w7wkr at CN97uj

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 2:15 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 24/12/2020 7:38 am, Dick Bingham wrote:
- IF I click "OK"in the "Confirm QSO Window" while my "73" is being transmitted, the entire system freezes for tens-of-seconds before recovering - being careful to click
 "OK"  after the transmission is completed solves this problem

That indicates that JTAlert is stuck waiting to verify the QSO was actually written to the DXKeeper log. 10's of seconds is excessive, on a moderate PC I would expect that to be under 5 secs depending on what online activities DXKeeper is performing post logging. How reliable/fast is your internet connection? If you have DXKeeper auto-uploading to LoTW or eQSL and those services are down or slow, than delays in DXKeeper writing the QSO to the log file are normal and JTAlert will hang (as will DXKeeper) while it retries reading the log file to confirm the QSO was written.

Does JTAlert present you with a success or failure message after the logging?