locked Re: New User of JTAlert v2.16.17 (and WSJT-X v2.2.2 and DXKeeper Logging)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/12/2020 7:38 am, Dick Bingham wrote:
- IF I click "OK"in the "Confirm QSO Window" while my "73" is being transmitted, the entire system freezes for tens-of-seconds before recovering - being careful to click
 "OK"  after the transmission is completed solves this problem

That indicates that JTAlert is stuck waiting to verify the QSO was actually written to the DXKeeper log. 10's of seconds is excessive, on a moderate PC I would expect that to be under 5 secs depending on what online activities DXKeeper is performing post logging. How reliable/fast is your internet connection? If you have DXKeeper auto-uploading to LoTW or eQSL and those services are down or slow, than delays in DXKeeper writing the QSO to the log file are normal and JTAlert will hang (as will DXKeeper) while it retries reading the log file to confirm the QSO was written.

Does JTAlert present you with a success or failure message after the logging?