locked Re: New User of JTAlert v2.16.17 (and WSJT-X v2.2.2 and DXKeeper Logging)

Dick Bingham

Greeting ALL - Jim and Neil in particular

I will respond "Inside" Jim's text space to ensure nothing is left out...  Dick/w7wkr
Sounds to me like you JTAlert is not linked to DXKeeper, and you are only seeing the contacts in your WSJT-X log.

To check this, in DXKeeper banner, you should see how many contacts you have logged. Mine says DXKeeper 15.8.9 [CC,PF] - AF5FH.mdb: 5571 QSOs. Your number of QSOs will be different, of course.
On my DXKeeper Banner , I see 900-plus QSOs indicated AND I only see QSO logged in the DXKeeper ..\..\databases\W7WKR.mdb LOG going back to August, 2020.
LotW shows I have over 9000 QSO in their database.

In a file at c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\LotW_QSOs_ADI I see 9074 QSOs logged. Is logging being sent to the wrong file ?

THEN after some messing-around (unfortunately I did not paper-record each step for later review) the DXKeeper banner displayed (DXKeeper 15.7.2 - w7wkr.mdb : 9883 QSO)

 Now JTAlert seems to be working much better indicating many CQ's as being worked previously (B4)

Next, in JTAlert, click Settings, Rebuild Alert Database, and then click Rebuild All (enabled). A Log Scan - DXLab DXKeeper window should appear, and it will quickly at the top flash Loading xxxx of 5571 QSOs, followed by a series of Scanning Log: Band - xxx messages. The number of QSOs in the Log Scan windows has to exactly match the number of QSOs that DXKeeper has logged.
After performing the above steps many times, I now get a match between JTAlert and DXKeeper numbers.

Let us know if the numbers of QSOs match. If they do not, verify that Enable DXLab DXKeeper logging is enabled in Settings, Logging, DXLab DXKeeper.
Yes, "Enable DXkeeper ...." IS enabled.

An important step/steps was/were correctly stumbled upon and now JTAlert works like it was designed to function !

Some issues:
- A decoded directed CQ (like "CQ DX W1AW FN##") is not indicated in a 2X8 JTAlert display Cell forcing me to still examine the WSJT-X screen to minimize interfering
  with the CQer's real interest
- Do not know what the difference is between an UNDERLINED callsign (in a 2X8 cell) and one NOT underlined. Multiple reading-passes thru the SETUP selections has not
  revealed what is implied
- IF I click "OK"in the "Confirm QSO Window" while my "73" is being transmitted, the entire system freezes for tens-of-seconds before recovering - being careful to click
 "OK"  after the transmission is completed solves this problem

Thank you ALL who responded to my request for assistance. I can live with what is working now and, with more experience, probably refine some settings.

73  Dick/w7wkr at CN97uj

73, Jim AF5FH