locked Re: 2.16.16 crashes

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/12/2020 7:31 am, Stuart, K2YYY wrote:
I saved the above file, uninstalled jtalert, deleted the folder under Users, reinstalled jtalert and put the sqlite file back.

My theory is that a file got corrupted.  This is affecting a few people, but not everyone.

Earlier today, jtalert ran for at least 30 minutes and then it crashed and then it crashed about a minute or so after being restarted.

So far, so good, but if it doesn't crash this afternoon, the issue is resolved.  I'll upgrade to the latest version.

If it crashes again, I will have to document all of my settings and do the install again without using the sqlite file.

One error I received was "Missing ADIF Log File: C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Local\HamApps\K2YYY\logs\JTAlertX\hrd_log.adi"

I saved the folder before I deleted it, so I have the hrd_log.adi file.  Where do I set the path?  It was dated 2/14/2020, so it's probably not needed.  Should I rebuild it?

Thanks very much, K2YYY

Since JTAlert is randomly crashing, it is likely due to a specific alert or condition that is triggering the crash. There could be some value corruption within the config file rather than a total corruption of the file which is more typical.

That "hrd_log.adi" file is something you would have set sometime in the past, it is not a standard JTAlert file. It may be under the "logging -> ADIF File" section of the settings.

What logger are you using with JTAlert?