On 3/12/2020 8:46 am, John Becker
I don't always
update software immediately to the latest release, so this may be
a problem of my own making, but FWIW here's what I experienced
I was running JTAlert v2.16.10 with whatever version of the
Callsign Database was current with that release. I realized that
the older Callsign Database was the reason all users were showing
a last LoTW update in July. I installed the Callsign Database
v2020.11.18 and that took care of the LoTW problem. But it
introduced a NEW problem. When right-clicking on an alert to send
a message to the operator, I was no longer getting an ONLINE or
OFFLINE indication in the message window. I updated JTAlert to
v2.16.16 and now all is well again.
I was not aware that updating the Callsign Database by itself
could be a problem, but it was in this case.
Thanks for a great program!
Sorry to "burst your bubble". Updating the Callsign database is
not the fix. All that installer does is install 2 sqlite database
files. That will not affect Text Messaging. Likely the Text
Message service was either having issues at the time or one of its
listening ports (there are 4) was temporarily down.
de Laurie VK3AMA