locked Re: JTalert and Log4OM2 start up issue

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/11/2020 3:45 am, geoff wiggins via groups.io wrote:
Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ
Sounds like Log4OM2 is taking exclusive control of the WSJT-X UDP Server port preventing JTAlert from receiving the UDP data from WSJT-X.
There is no need to have Log4OM2 directly interacting with WSJT-X if you are using JTAlert.
Since Log4OM2 doesn't complain when you start JTAlert first suggests that Log4OM is not utilizing the WSJT-X connection you have set (which is preventing JTAlert) so is likely not needed.