locked Re: unsuccessful contacts with 7q7ru

wc3w

I definitely believe what you are saying is true—I cannot get my band activity screen to scroll when changing to F/H….I can hear the signals coming in but it refuses to decode!

Mark
WC3W

On Nov 16, 2020, at 3:24 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

Joe,

Are you sure 7q7ru is using WSJTX and not a [garbage] clone like MSHV
or JTDX?

Some of the clones do not implement the F/H protocol correctly but
do allow for multiple simultaneous QSOs. It may be that 7q7ru is
using one of the incompatible software packages and using the
*NON F/H* mode in WSJTX is the correct way to operate!

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-11-16 5:12 PM, ray cathode via groups.io wrote:
Laurie,
I suppose it could be but did the parameters for F/H change since 2.1.2?
I'll upgrade and see what happens
73,
W9RF - Joe
On Monday, November 16, 2020, 4:05:42 PM CST, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@vkdxer.com> wrote:
On 17/11/2020 8:49 am, ray cathode via groups.io wrote:
There might be some validity in your reasoning BUT I will stick with
the PLAIN FT8 (at least for 7q7ru)

9 times of making contact then getting put up to the 500_ slot is not
coincidence.

I just made another qso on 20 meters with 7q7ru in PLAIN FT8 mode
(4'th call) fairly bad signal reports.

Could it be your very old WSJT-X version?
2.1.2 is rather dated.