locked Re: unsuccessful contacts with 7q7ru

Joe - W9RF

Roger,

For what it's worth here is another update on my unsuccessful confirmation with 7q7ru in F/H mode.

Yesterday evening the problem on 30 meters F/H mode was remedied buy switching out of F/H mode.

Same thing happened to me today.

While calling them at 18.095 F/H mode I was answered with a +1 report both ways and after a few exchanges I was thrown up to the 500+ slot and they began calling other calls.

I took Jtalert/WSJT-X out of F/H mode and called again with plain FT8 at 1325, third try they answered me, did NOT pull me down to their freq, and after 2 exchanges they gave me a confirmation (RR73)

SO, if anyone is having the same problem I have been experiencing I would suggest giving a plain FT8 a try.

I feel the only answer is software incompatibility at some level.

and before anyone asks, this is what I understand to be F/H  mode.

182145 Tx 1325 ~ 7Q7RU W9RF EM57

182200 1 0.1 286 ~ K4PX RR73; NB2P <7Q7RU> -10

182200 1 0.1 346 ~ W9RF 7Q7RU +01

182215 Tx 1325 ~ 7Q7RU W9RF R+01

182230 1 0.1 346 ~ W9RF 7Q7RU +01

182245 Tx 1325 ~ 7Q7RU W9RF R+01

182300 6 0.1 286 ~ W9RF RR73; W1KG <7Q7RU> -04

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 9:07:50 PM CST, ray cathode via groups.io <ray_cathode1@...> wrote:

Roger,

I finally worked him just now on 10.131 but I was NOT in f/h mode, although he is in f/h mode, unless he switched on the fly, go figure??

Called him at 1500 and he did not call me to his freq but we exchanged reports and got a RR73 from him..

73,

W9RF - Joe

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 6:52:45 PM CST, Roger M via groups.io <ac6bw@...> wrote:

Joe,
OK, fair enough. Yes, it does seem strange.
All I can suggest is keep trying. Are you using WSJT-X, or JTDX? I recently switched over to JTDX, because it has better decode sensitivity, as well as some other features that I like. If you have both programs installed, perhaps you can try one or the other in F/H mode, and see if that makes a difference.
Also, it's possible that something is not configured correctly on the Fox end, but I wouldn't know exactly what. There are a lot of settings that the Fox can enable.
Roger
AC6BW