locked Re: States-Wanted Boxes Auto-Untick?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/11/2020 11:29 am, Patrick Hung wrote:
I just began working on my WAS award, and so have ticked the numerous boxes for states that I still need on the States Wanted page of JTAlert.

I had thought that once I complete a QSO with a station from a wanted state, JTAlert would automatically "untick" that box for me, or turn off that specific alert for that particular band, so that stations from the same state won't get highlighted again. To my disappointment, it doesn't do that; I've had to remember the states I just completed, and manually turn off the alert. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks.
--
Patrick - W2TAR

JTAlert, by default, does not automatically remove an alerted entity, like a State, by simply working a Station. For most users, they require some sort of QSL confirmation before they are happy that an  entity is no-longer needed and no-longer alerted. You set the QSL requirements in the Rebuild Alert Database section of the Settings window. Alert types have independent confirmation settings, so you could have Dxcc & State set to require LoTW confirmations while Grid & Prefix alerts set to only require a worked status (no qsl needed).

If your truly want to have a State automatically removed from your Alerts list by simply working a Station, there is no need to run the Rebuild Database operation. You can just set the "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" under settings for the Alert. This is available for all Alert types.