locked Re: States-Wanted Boxes Auto-Untick?

Michael Black

As somebody already said the state (or country) has to be confirmed to not alert.  And some operators are slow about uploading their logs.

If you're working WAS you might have some fun with my LOTWQSL program that you'll find on my QRZ page.  It's easy to see the LOTW updates and if you need to update your log and JTAlert and it shows maps and a grid view of your status.  It also tracks DXCC and DXCC Mixed numbers.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 06:30:03 PM CST, Patrick Hung <pathung@...> wrote:

I just began working on my WAS award, and so have ticked the numerous boxes for states that I still need on the States Wanted page of JTAlert.

I had thought that once I complete a QSO with a station from a wanted state, JTAlert would automatically "untick" that box for me, or turn off that specific alert for that particular band, so that stations from the same state won't get highlighted again. To my disappointment, it doesn't do that; I've had to remember the states I just completed, and manually turn off the alert. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks.
--
Patrick - W2TAR