locked Re: unsuccessful contacts with 7q7ru

Joe - W9RF

Mike,

working them is not a problem, I have them worked on 15 cw, 20 cw, 40 cw and 20 ssb, it's just FT8 F/H that doesn't work for me.

73,

W9RF - Joe

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 6:37:04 PM CST, Michael Aust via groups.io <ava622@...> wrote:

Worked them on CW on 40m and 20m
Mike
WB6DJI

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, ray cathode via groups.io <ray_cathode1@...> wrote:

Roger,

it seems very strange that they would call at the 0-500 slot when I do.
That doesn't explain why other calls are verified.

9 Times total 6 last night and 3 so far today, that's not coincidence

My time is set every 30 minutes with D4, always well withing .2 seconds, besides I don't think they would call me if they couldn't decode me above 1000.

73,

W9RF - Joe

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 4:00:52 PM CST, Roger M via groups.io <ac6bw@...> wrote:

Joe,
Like Bjorn said, the LIDS who don't know how to operate F/H mode see you working (or attempting to work) the DX in the 0 - 500 Hz slot, after the Fox has pushed you down in frequency. Then, they decide to call him in that same frequency slot, which creates QRM. After 3 tries, the Fox gives up.You say that you got dropped 6 times, so this may be a long shot answer, but it's certainly something to consider. I see these kinds of problems occur in every F/H operation. It can become a big mess.

I assume that your time is set accurately. I was working 7Q7RU today, and his time looked accurate on my end.
Roger
AC6BW