locked Re: unsuccessful contacts with 7q7ru

Joe - W9RF

Roger,

I understand that but with signal reports +4 to him and -01 to me, I know he doesn't have a problem hearing me.

Now, why can't he decode me (maybe that should be my question)

6 times in a row last evening he pushed me to a higher 500-1000 freq and after a minute or so I went back above 1000 and called him again, after he called a few more calls I was called back down to his freq again.

This went on for over an hour and finally he went qrt.

On Sunday, November 15, 2020, 3:12:09 PM CST, Roger M via groups.io <ac6bw@...> wrote:

It is normal for the Fox to push you up to a higher offset frequency, between 500 - 1000 Hz, if he has not successfully decoded you after 3 cycles in the 0 - 500 Hz frequency slot. At that point, your QSO is in limbo. Your best course of action is to start over by calling him with a TX1 above 1000 Hz.
The SW on your end is working as it should.

Roger
AC6BW