locked Re: Alert Filters

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/11/2020 5:17 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
I join the chorus of those having filter issues with latest JTAlert.  I have tried filtering out NA, and spot only those DX band entities I have not worked or confirmed.  I even tried to experiment with filtering by distance.  DXKeeper is my data base.  I make sure it and Spot Collector are running.  I am repeatably receiving alerts on entities I do not need.  DXView confirms this.  If I have confirmed the entity by any mode, I do not wish to see it spotted in JTAlert again simply because it is not confirmed through WSJT/Alert.

How do I accomplish this?

Jim K7EG

If JTAlert is alerting on an entity (DXCC or State or whatever) that you believe it should not be alerting, it is because that entity is still flagged within JTAlert as needed.
JTAlert will only remove an entity from the needed lists by running the "Alert Database Rebuild" operation which goes off and examines your Log (DXKeeper) to determine what is no longer needed.

If you believe there is a genuine problem when JTAlert is alerting on a Specific Entity despite that Entity being confirmed within DXKeeper then I will need to examine your DXKeeper log file. Use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. Include in that request a note of a specific Callsign (and the Band & Mode) that was Alerted when you beleive it should not be.