locked Re: JTAlert colors copied to WSJT-X; double click Tx

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/11/2020 8:00 am, James Gill via groups.io wrote:
I have selected colors in JTAlert and different ones in WSJT-X.

But . . . the JTAlert colors are copied to WSJT-X. For example I have the worked B4 alert a red background with yellow text. That's the way I see it on JTAlert AND WSJT-X. If I turn JTAlert off, I don't see that. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Also, a video tutorial I watched said double clicking a call in JTAlert would trigger Tx in WSJT-X. Doesn't work for me. Is there a preference that needs to be set to make that work?

Thanks --

Jim W4GMU

JTAlert coloring (color the exchange or parts of the exchange only) is based on your requirements per the Log file you are using with JTAlert.
WSJT-X applied coloring (which color the entire line) are applicable to the Log file used by WSJT-X.
Unless you take care to ensure that the JTAlert and WSJT-X log files are kept in sync and that the JTAlert Alert database is kept up-to-date, it is very unlikely that the JTAlert and WSJT-X coloring will be in-sync.

If you have the different JTAlert Alerts set to require a form of QSL confirmation (like Lotw or eqsl) before an entity is considered no-longer needed (and no longer alerted) than JTAlert will never be in-sync with WSJT-X as WSJT-X does not consider QSL confirmations in its log to determine what gets colored.

JTAlert Colors are not the same as WSJT-X defined color combinations, they are independent. there is no mechanism to set JTAlert the same as WSJT-X.

I don't understand your comment about turning JTAlert off. If JTAlert is turned off, there will be NO coloring from JTAlert (to be expected). It is not clear what your describing, please rephrase.

If WSJT-X is not responding to Callsign clicks from JTAlert, it is likely you don't have the "UDP Accept Requests" setting set in WSJT-X.