locked Re: JT Alert crashes

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/11/2020 12:19 pm, tomloock@... wrote:
JT Alert would start up but just closed after 1 decode cycle.  I thought it might be a windows update but not sure if that is the problem or not.

--
73 Tom K9VER

If JTAlert is crashing after every startup, the cause is unlikely to be the random memory/cpu pressure issues that have been discussed.

Have you tried downgrading to an earlier version of JTAlert? Try 2.16.14

If you get the same crashing with an earlier version of JTAlert, that may be caused by a corrupt JTAlert config file, but that is very unlikely as I have never seen a corrupt config bring down JTAlert. You can try renaming the config file to say "config.sqlite.save" and then starting JTAlert which will automatically create a new config. If you still get a crash, the likely cause is interference from you PC Protection software. My money is on your Protection software as the culprit.

You config file can be found at %localappdata%\HamApps\K9VER\config\JTAlertX\config.sqlite