locked Re: Republic of North Macedonia

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/11/2020 11:15 am, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
I guess the point I was trying to make was that only the letter N. showed in the callsign display box.   There was nothing else.  Perhaps it's because I have 9 boxes across ? I am reporting what is perhaps a formatting problem where there is not room for N. Macedonia so only the N. shows ?
Ron, W3RJW

RRR, Understood.

It's your 9 callsign slot display that is the problem. There is insufficient room to display the already truncated "N. Macedonia".
When you get this type of excessive truncation, hover your mouse over the Callsign, the resulting tooltip shows the full non truncated Country name.

Measuring the length of a display string taking into consideration the current display resolution, display pixel density, and the amount of area available to display the string is not difficult, but would add additional CPU overhead affecting decode display speed. I will not be adding that to the current V2 series of JTAlert. Having said that, the new unlimited callsigns display of JTAlertV3 which is coming to JTAlertV2 in the near future doesn't suffer from Country name truncation. See this previous post for some screen-shots of the new display.