locked Re: CU5AM showed up as Portugal - QRZ XML Defect

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/11/2020 1:34 am, Jim Spears wrote:

Even though his sent grid square matched Azores.  His qrz.com page appears to correctly show Azores.  This is with current JTAlert.

Jim Spears

N1NK

JTAlert correctly identifies CU5AM as being in the Azores.

The problem is that the data returned from a QRZ XML lookup is wrong. It has the dxcc set as 272 which is Portugal.
<QRZDatabase version="1.33" xmlns="http://xmldata.qrz.com">
<Callsign>
<call>CU5AM</call>
<dxcc>272</dxcc>
<fname>JOSE MANUEL</fname>
<name>SILVA SILVEIRA</name>
<addr1>RUA DOS FAROLEIROS,5</addr1>
<addr2>VELAS</addr2>
<country>Azores</country>
<grid>HM58vq</grid>
<cqzone>14</cqzone>
<ituzone>36</ituzone>

I note that the HamQTH XML lookup returns the correct dxcc of 149.
<HamQTH version="2.8" xmlns="http://www.hamqth.com">
    <search>
        <callsign>CU5AM</callsign>
        <nick>Jose Silva</nick>
        <qth>Rua dos Faroleiros,5 Velas</qth>
        <country>Azores Islands</country>
        <adif>149</adif>
        <itu>36</itu>
        <cq>14</cq>
        <grid>HM58VQ</grid>

I suggest you contact CU5AM and get him to correct his QRZ data.