locked Re: Strange UI phenomenon

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/10/2020 6:49 am, Björn SM7IUN wrote:
Asking all users of non-English Windows to use a virtual audio cable (or manually rename their main audio
device) seems like a somewhat complex solution to the problem that audio device names in JTAlert
are stored in byte arrays, but if you think this is the best solution I of course respect that.

Björn SM7IUN

That was not what I was suggesting. Using the VB-Cable pair was suggested as a workaround for cases when a user could not rename their device in Windows due to their device driver not supporting/remembering the change.

As for the UTF-8 naming issue, I am investigating why that is occurring. The underlying code that retrieves all the audio endpoints defined on the PC fully supports UTF-8. Something is being lost in getting that data over to the main JTAlert executable.