locked Re: 8-character Gridsquare

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/10/2020 8:12 pm, onaka@... wrote:
I want the PSK reporter display to not overlap with the local station.
For this reason,  WSJT-X Gridsquare is set to 8 characters.
From Version 2.16.14, the attached warning is displayed when starting JTAlert.
Is it possible to stop the warning?
JA4JOE

JTAlert has long had the Grid mismatch warning, not just with 2.16.14.

WSJT-X and JTAlert both restrict Grids to 6 characters maximum.

WSJT-X doesn't allow for entering of more than 6 characters on the main window or in its Settings window. Similarly, JTAlert doesn't allow for more that 6 characters.

Since 8 character grids are not conveyed on air via FT8 or any of the other supported modes, I don't see any reason to extend JTAlert to use 8 character Grids.

Your only solution to this is to remove the 8 character edit you applied to the WSJT-X ini file.

I don't see how PSKReporter is relevant.