locked Re: Can /MM (maritime mobile) be ignored for DXCC purposes?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/10/2020 4:13 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I have a mismatch between WSJT-X and JTAlert-X.  WSJT-X is telling me
I need F/France on 15m. JTAlert-X says I do not.  I found that the
discrepancy is because I worked F5MYK/MM on 15m a while back.  This
should not count for DXCC, yet JTAlert-X thinks it does.

73 - Jim AD1C

JTAlert does ignore /MM stations with respect to dxcc, continent and zones. As such it will not generate alerts for these when the decoded station is signing /MM. The exception is if your running a very old (pre 2.16.5) version of JTAlert.

If wsjt-x is telling you that F5MYK/MM is need for France, that is wrong. JTAlert would not be alerting F5MYK/MM as a needed dxcc as the dxcc is unknown. If you have the country names displayed below the callsigns you will see that JTAlert does not identify the country. Similarly, the Decodes window will not show dxcc, continent or zone information for F5MYK/MM.