Re: Configuration Log4OM

Paul F6EXV

Hi Laurie
I still do not manage... I am lost between all the udp addresses and ports.
Where should the 239.255.0.0 address be set ? JTAlert, JTDX (if so, where,primary, secondary...) Where in Log4OM ?

Is there any particupant to this forum using 2 different callsins in kind of a permanent use, and has all this configured so as to be able to change from one call to the other very easily ? If so, please contact me direct, in order to avoir bothering the group.

Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Le 14/10/2020 à 18:45, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) a écrit :
On 14/10/2020 11:38 pm, Paul F6EXV wrote:
I am new to JTAlert.
I am using (or trying to) version 2.16.14 with Windows10, JTDX and Log4OM.
I have followed 2 different tutorials, but my JTAlert screen remains empty ! I do not care about the sound alert.
It does communicate with the log : the test within the Log4OM menu is passed OK.
Obviously, I am missing something. The port numbers seam to be OK, according to those tutorials.
What else should I check ?

Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Paul,

The JTAlert help file contains the setup instructions , they are very simple.

Likely you have Log4OM configured to directly interface with JTDX and it has taken exclusive control of the UDP server port preventing JTAlert from receiving the UDP data from JTDX. You posted error message indicates that you are not using multicast for the JTDX UDP server further suggesting that Log4OM is taking exclusive control of the UDP port.

I suggest you get the JTAlert - JTDX combination working first then bring Log4OM into the mix.

See the "WSJT-X / JTDX UDP Setup" topic. I strongly suggest you use a multicast IP address like 239.255.0.0
Followed by the "Settings -> Logging -> Log4OM V2" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com