Re: Callsign box slots

TomK

Don’t know if this has been addressed but I am having issues with an installation of JT Alert.

Setting up brother’s digital workflow.

He was running WSJT 2.2.2 with JTA 2.16.13.

Here’s what happened:

1. JTA crashes out with the following error message:

1. Another issue in the same setup was that QRZ loggings were not occurring.
    Despite QRZ being [Enabled] and the API key being checked & verified by QRZ support
    there is seemingly no attempt by JTA to log to QRZ.

2. Re #2, I inspected the  logging error folder and there was not a single QRZ entry.
    it seems as if JTA is confused and thinks QRZ is not enabled.

OK, so I next thought the above issues might be due to JTA’s configuring files being corrupted.

So we did a Windows Uninstall. Downloaded/Installed next/latest version 2.16.14 version

But, alas, nothing changed.

I then noticed that some data was still present since, after the uninstall/re-install

Somethings like the ADI/B4 data stores were still present.

So my question is:

Is there a way to reset basic JTA program configuration data w/o Deleting user data like ADI/B4 DBs?

The goal being to force JTA to re-evaluate the QRZ setting and force their activation.

If not, as a last resort, should we have do a Windows Uninstall AND delete all program folders?

If so, what are those folders?

I see the 2 basic trees of Program File for exes and HamApps prog data tree.

Are there any other not-so-obvious folder trees to delete for a complete naked re-install?

Thanks for all your efforts

TomK 73

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Chavez
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:10 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Callsign box slots

Hi Laurie, that did the trick.  All is working well with JTAlert and WSJT.  Thanks so much for your help.  
Dave N5CU

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.