Re: Wanted State alert doesn't remember that West Virginia is confirmed

Michael Black

FYI...I just worked a WV FT8 contact and it did get put into LogOMV2 2.9.0 correctly including the QRZ lookup.

So I think whatever the problem was it's been fixed.
I also imported an older backup ADIF log and it worked too...at least didn't change any WV's to VA.

But the counts don't agree so have to fix the data

Only show 44 QSOs with WV...
sqlite> select count(*) from log where state = 'WV';
44
But lots more counties with WV in them.  Randomly looking up some of the they are all indeed WV QSOs.
sqlite> select count(*) from log where cnty like 'WV%';
258
Only 28 of the 44 have the new CNTY format that includes the state.
sqlite> select count(*) from log where cnty like 'WV%' and state='WV';
28

Here are the older WV QSOs that have the right state but not the new CNTY format which includes the state.
sqlite> select count(*) from log where state='WV' and cnty not like 'WV%';
16

So I used this query to get the qsoid's and update the old 16;

select qsoid,callsign,band,mode,qsodate,state,cnty from log where state='WV' and cnty not like 'WV%' order by cnty
Example update: update log set cnty='WV,Ritchie' where qsoid=20200628040107653;
So now we get this count agreed
sqlite> select count(*) from log where cnty like 'WV%' and state='WV';
44
And now these will need to be corrected.
sqlite3> select count(*) from log where cnty like 'WV%' and state!='WV';
238
I just did a batch change on the ones that showed a WV county but wrong STATE column
sqlite3> update log set state='WV' where cnty like 'WV%' and state!='WV';
sqlite> select count(*) from log where cnty like 'WV%' and state!='WV';
0

All better now.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, October 17, 2020, 03:00:22 AM CDT, Chris Morrison <chris.mm1ptt@...> wrote:

Hi Laurie,
They would have got into the log by being saved by JTAlert through the UDP ADIF message on port 2235. There are 14 FT8 contacts with WV, 9 callsigns are unique. Only one contact was had the state correctly set to West Virginia, the rest were Virginia. They all have WV written in the County.

I have Log4OM set to enrich the real time logging so it could be one of the looks up that is causing the issue. This is probably the same lookup mechanism used when importing a ADIF.

My primary info provider is set to QRZ.com, the failsafe source is HAMQTH.

In the configuration settings CQ and ITU zones are calculated from the following source list:
County file-> CTY Database->Clublog->QRZ.com->Clublog CQ exception->Clublog Callsign Exception

73,
Chris
MM1PTT