locked Re: Keyboard latency with multiple JTAlert processes running.

Bill Barrett

Hello Laurie-

I would be glad to test a new add-on. However, just for clarification
this slow down does not affect the Flex software.
It's just a slight annoyance if keyboarding when multiple JTA
instances are running.
So, please don't worry about it on my account.

Bill W2PKY

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 4:49 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
<vk3ama.ham.apps@gmail.com> wrote:

On 27/09/2020 10:05 pm, Bill Barrett wrote:

Unchecking HotKeys feature eliminated my keyboard slowdown.

Bill W2PKY

Tnx Bill,

Good to hear.

As to the reason the hotkeys are causing a problem, I don't know at this time. I suspect something coded incorrectly within the 3rd party HotKey library used by JTAlert.

I could try and replace the library with an alternative, but that will require you to be a test guinea pig. I have been unable to reproduce the latency defect in testing so will require an affected user to perform the tests. Let me know if you want to go down that path.

Bill Barrett
352-437-4758