locked Re: Keyboard latency with multiple JTAlert processes running.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/09/2020 10:05 pm, Bill Barrett wrote:
Unchecking HotKeys feature eliminated my keyboard slowdown.

Bill W2PKY
Tnx Bill,

Good to hear.

As to the reason the hotkeys are causing a problem, I don't know at this time. I suspect something coded incorrectly within the 3rd party HotKey library used by JTAlert.

I could try and replace the library with an alternative, but that will require you to be a test guinea pig. I have been unable to reproduce the latency defect in testing so will require an affected user to perform the tests. Let me know if you want to go down that path.