locked Re: Keyboard latency with multiple JTAlert processes running.

Bill Barrett

Unchecking HotKeys feature eliminated my keyboard slowdown.

Bill W2PKY

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 7:24 AM m_scot_alex <amsctalx@comcast.net> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 03:10 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

On 26/09/2020 8:46 pm, m_scot_alex wrote:

Laurie - I think this a keyboard event trapping race condition caused by 'hotkey' overlays in other programs. I'm travelling and this difficult to isolate remotely because of remote access latency, but I reduced the keyboard latency on my main JT-mode system by stopping an Intel video 'hotkey' utility. I'll provide more data next week and can send you a support request if you think it would help.

73,

Mike - N8MSA

Mike,

Try disabling the HotKeys in JTAlert. "Miscellaneous -> Hot Keys" section of the Settings window.
With multiple instances and a single shared JTAlert config to ensure the setting change is retained do the following..

Shutdown all JTAlert instances
Start a single instance
Disable HotKeys in the Settings window.
Start your other JTAlert instances.

Low-level HotKey code in JTAlert are handled by a third-party library. That library may be conflicting with your Flex software.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie -

Was excited to try this, until I remoted in and found HotKeys off (sadface). What does deactiving them do? Is the HotKey library still trapping but not firing an event? Is it possible to make a build without the HotKeys lib?

Thanks,

Mike Alexander
--
Bill Barrett