locked Re: Keyboard latency with multiple JTAlert processes running.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/09/2020 10:09 pm, Bill Barrett wrote:
The PC CPU is only stressed during the decode period. Otherwise the
CPU is 93% idle.
WSJT-X and JTA take almost no CPU power during the sampling process.
The keyboard slow down is noticed anytime.
I'm sure Laurie will determine the cause and correct the problem now
that it's been uncovered.
Since most users do not run more than one instance of JTA and "X" they
do not notice the problem.
Bill W2PKY

Bill,

Resolving this issue will likely not happen until the root cause is identified.

At this time, I am unable to reproduce this keyboard input latency issue you describe.

I just now ran a test on a heavily loaded PC, 12 WSJT-X/JTAlert instances without observing any keystroke backlog.
While I don't have a Flex or the associated SDR software (I suspect this is may be where the incompatibility lies) the test environment included Firefox (~ 50 tabs open), Chrome (~15 tabs with one open playing a YouTube video), A TeamViewer session to a remote PC, Thunderbird for email, and 2 instances of Visual Studio.