locked Re: Keyboard latency with multiple JTAlert processes running.

Bill Barrett

Hello Laurie-

I have noticed this for a long time. Never knew what caused it. Always
assumed it was due to running multiple instances of WSJT-X.
The reason Flex users notice it is because we have multiple slices and
run multiple instances of WSJT-X.
The keyboard delay is definitely related to using JTAlert. Without
JTAlert the keyboard response if fast.
In my case with the 6700 can run as many as 8 instances of "X" and
JTAlert. Then the keyboard response seems stacked up.
When pressing down on the left or right arrow key may take a second
before there is a response on the screen and then the cursor moves
several positions.
Hard to tell where the interference is happening, however, seems like
the keyboard interrupt handler is stalled.
Hope this helps.
Bill W2PKY

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 10:44 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
<vk3ama.ham.apps@gmail.com> wrote:

On 23/09/2020 6:54 am, Patrick Skerrett wrote:

Has anyone encountered this before?

I am running version 2.16.13 of jtalert, 2.2.2 of WSJT-x and 15.8.0 of Dxkeeper.

W9PDS

Has this always been a problem with your Flex and multi-instance JTAlert or is it a recent manifestation? If it is recent, what was the last version of JTAlert that didn't exhibit this behavior?

Bill Barrett
352-437-4758