locked Re: 23 second JTAlert startup time

KD7YZ Bob

On 9/23/2020 16:52, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 23/09/2020 7:41 pm, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
How long does it take for the "Reading Settings Data" window to display?
It should appear within 1 second or less.

Thanks to Mike W9MDB for logging onto my computer and doing some sleuthing.

It seems, a while back, I'd played around with JTAlert "Auto-Start"
features.

They were still active.

In a way...

Unbeknownst to me, the "Programs" I had JTAlert attempt to launch, were
.LNK's (AKA shortcuts) or they were .bat's

well it seems JTAlert AutoStart quietly skipped over the shortcuts
without saying a peep then dutifully executed the 20 or 30 second
intervals I had put in.

Ida never suspected this since all I saw was 'nothing' until JTAlert
finally started.

So there y'all go. My bad !

5 or 6 seconds now is the norm.

Bob KD7YZ