locked Re: 23 second JTAlert startup time

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/09/2020 7:41 pm, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
Windows 10-Pro x64
JTAlert 2.16.13 WSJTx 2.2.2

I run three instances of both.
The first instance of JTAlert ALWAYS takes circa 23 seconds to start.
The remaining two roughly 4-6 seconds individually.

I start JtAlert manually, waiting for the first one to finish. Then the
next and then the last.

It doesn't matter if I stop ALL and any A/V or other malware scanners.
HAMAPPS folder is listed as don't scan; JtAlert is the same.

If I stop all three JTAlert ... then begin the three again, the first
one takes 23 or so seconds to get started.

It doesn't matter time time of day or night.

So, since it's quite obviously NOT JTAlert, then someone gimme a hint
what computer setting I have messed up. This has been going on for at
least a month or so ... I've lost track of when I noticed it.

tnx

-- 73 Bob KD7YZ

Bob,

This sounds like PC protection interference to me.
Does your protection software go online to perform an analysis of suspect files? If so that would account for such a lengthy startup delay.

How long does it take for the "Reading Settings Data" window to display? It should appear within 1 second or less.