locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.13 Rebuild Alert Database issue

g4wjs

John,

the answers to your questions will surely depend on whether you, and your friend, use one of the supported logging applications but you tell us nothing about that.

Bill
G4WJS.

On 23/09/2020 19:14, KL7NW wrote:

After I got signed up for the HamApps.groups.io, I was able to search for more information about this issue.  I found and read the release notes for version 2.16.13.  I didn’t fully comprehend the notes when I did the upgrade, but I assume to correct this issue, I need to check the box "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" for each type of alert and this  issue will be fixed.  It will be nice to let the software handle these needed alerts for me.

Please confirm if I understand this correctly.

Another part of the release notes says:

“2.16.13 (29-Aug-2020)
  *** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-08-29 (2020-Aug-29)”

Does this mean we no longer need to download and install your Alert Database when a new one is available?  Is the database included as part of the install for all new versions of JTAlert going forward?  If this is now an unnecessary step, why did you post a “HamApps.Databases.2020.08.29.Setup.exe” dated the same as JTAlert version 2.16.13?

I really like your product, but these notes didn’t make it very clear what you are doing in the release notes to me and others.  I’m sure whoever wrote it understood exactly what was intended!

Thank you,

John Gieringer / KL7NW

Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:52
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: JTAlert 2.16.13 Rebuild Alert Database issue

I use the audible alerts for new states and new countries, and I love this feature.  It has helped me complete 8-band WAS, and I’m close to completing 160m and 6m WAS.  I was helping a friend who is a little challenged with software settings and upgrades.  I upgraded his JTAlert to version 2.16.13 and also installed the JTAlert database.  We did a Rebuild Alert Database (sorry you renamed this feature as it confused my friend because he could not find Scan and Rebuild).  He was trying to go to Wanted States and uncheck the states he has confirmed contacts, and I explained that if he uses Rebuild Alert Database that those checkboxes will automatically get updated for him.

This doesn’t work as it did in the previous version.  It leaves states that he has confirmed already with the check box checked, which is incorrect, and providing him more confusion.

I verified this is happening on my JTAlert as well, and with another ham who upgraded to version 2.16.13.  It appears this is some bug in the software.  I also found that to have the Rebuild Alert Database function update all the bands, I have to go to Wanted States and check the boxes under all the bands, then go to Rebuild Alert Database.  If I didn’t do this, bands that were not checked end up with no states checked as if I didn’t need any states to alert.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if this is an issue you are working to correct.

John / KL7NW

--
Bill
G4WJS.

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.