locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.13 Rebuild Alert Database issue

g4wjs

John,

the answers to your questions will surely depend on whether you, and your friend, use one of the supported logging applications but you tell us nothing about that.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 23/09/2020 19:14, KL7NW wrote:

After I got signed up for the HamApps.groups.io, I was able to search for more information about this issue.  I found and read the release notes for version 2.16.13.  I didn’t fully comprehend the notes when I did the upgrade, but I assume to correct this issue, I need to check the box "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" for each type of alert and this  issue will be fixed.  It will be nice to let the software handle these needed alerts for me.

Please confirm if I understand this correctly.

Another part of the release notes says:

“2.16.13 (29-Aug-2020)
  *** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-08-29 (2020-Aug-29)”

Does this mean we no longer need to download and install your Alert Database when a new one is available?  Is the database included as part of the install for all new versions of JTAlert going forward?  If this is now an unnecessary step, why did you post a “HamApps.Databases.2020.08.29.Setup.exe” dated the same as JTAlert version 2.16.13?

I really like your product, but these notes didn’t make it very clear what you are doing in the release notes to me and others.  I’m sure whoever wrote it understood exactly what was intended!

Thank you,

John Gieringer / KL7NW