locked Re: 23 second JTAlert startup time

Bill Barrett

The first instance is reading the database from your log. The second
and additional instances get the data from cache.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 5:41 AM KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us> wrote:

Windows 10-Pro x64
JTAlert 2.16.13 WSJTx 2.2.2

I run three instances of both.
The first instance of JTAlert ALWAYS takes circa 23 seconds to start.
The remaining two roughly 4-6 seconds individually.

I start JtAlert manually, waiting for the first one to finish. Then the
next and then the last.

It doesn't matter if I stop ALL and any A/V or other malware scanners.
HAMAPPS folder is listed as don't scan; JtAlert is the same.

If I stop all three JTAlert ... then begin the three again, the first
one takes 23 or so seconds to get started.

It doesn't matter time time of day or night.

So, since it's quite obviously NOT JTAlert, then someone gimme a hint
what computer setting I have messed up. This has been going on for at
least a month or so ... I've lost track of when I noticed it.

tnx

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

--