locked Re: System monitor tray icon

TomK

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon

A 3rd party apps would indeed be needed but is typically limited to a single metric.  Memory? CPU? Disk? Network?

But if you really want detailed info to debug app issues … How about good old Windows Task Manager?

For a more graphical display, there is always Windows Resource Monitor.

They are what’s really needed to diagnose issues with specific apps.

In the case of my HEAVILY loaded system, a brute force singular sys-tray metric would be useless. I run at max all the time 😉

To find them, just type in their app names in your Windows search box (next to Windows icon - bottom left)

When Windows displays the app in its search results, right-click it then [Add to Taskbar].

I have both there. A quick click now and then tells me everything.

TomK ~ KT1TK ~ 73

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marion D. Kitchens
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:43 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] System monitor tray icon

Look for something called TrayStatus  -- I think.  That is what it is called after installation on my computer.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:03:57 -0700 "Mike N8FRI" <mmhorn@...> writes:

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon to track program memory usage.
I lost that program and cannot remember its name.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
Mike N8FRI

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.