locked Re: Ignored Call Signs/Automatically Clear on Startup?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/09/2020 7:32 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:

I am using WSJT with 100 watts and a wire antenna from Minnesota, USA.  I often leave the radio on with your app kindly flagging DX for me while I work on other things; I am very near DXCC, thanks to you.

But often I have situations where I can hear a station but repeated calls to the station tell me that he cannot hear me.  I use the "ignore" to suppress announcements of these stations.  Each session, then, I manually clear the ignored stations and start with a blank list.  I have no idea whether this is a common use of the function or not.

So ... :-) now comes the feature request:  A check box saying "Clear Ignore List on Startup."

Thanks for considering this.

OM (Name? Callsign?)

IMO, a better option than clearing the Ignored List at startup is to have an additional temporary (session only) ignored list. This way you can maintain a list of permanently ignored callsigns while have the flexibility of ignoring a callsign for your current JTAlert session.

This temporary ignored list will be available with the next public release of JTAlert.