locked Re: User Forum messages are appearing twice) in my inbox.

TomK

Thanks for your time and thought, Laurie.

“You will likely find that each message is going to a different recipient address”

“I note a new user registered Sep 3 with a similar name, with an email address of Thomas@K*****ba.com. Is that you?

You hit the nail. That is, indeed, me.  But that is wrong.  Read on.

One general group message is to QSO@...That is my correct General Group account.

The dupe general group message is to Thomas@... that you said was added Sep 3rd and is the wrong address.

Here’s what I think happened. On Sep 3rd, *I* didn’t re-subscribe to the General Support group.

On that date you/someone emailed me saying I was added to the Beta group.

I think you/someone had accidentally re-added me as Thomas@... to the General Group, not the Beta.

That would then create the exact problem I am seeing.

Furthermore, the email I sent requesting Beta access, was indeed, sent from Thomas@...

That was my error. I thought after acceptance, I would manually subscribe and enter QSO@...

If I am correct about all the above, we need to do the following:

1. Unsubscribe/Delete Thomas@... from General Group. I’m already there as QSO@...
  2. Correctly add me to Beta group as QSO@... so I can use my groups address for both.

Ps. This presupposes the erroneous Thomas@... address was only accidentally added to General Group.

And that it was not also added to the Beta group.

If it was, then the Beta Thomas@... account needs to be unsubscribed/deleted.

It will be replaced by the correct subscription of QSO@... noted earlier.

I hope that wasn’t too constipated.

KT1TK / KT1TK / QSO @ KT1-K .com

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 2:14 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] User Forum messages are appearing twice) in my inbox.

On 6/09/2020 2:03 pm, TomK wrote:

Starting ca. Sept 4th, each HamApps User Forum message is appearing twice in my inbox.
Anyone else seeing that?
Thought it was my Outlook but I checked the mail server and they ae duplicated there too.
This was happening prior to Sept 3rd.
TomK

Check the email headers of a duplicate message. You will likely find that each message is going to a different recipient address.
I note a new user registered Sep 3 with a similar name, with an email address of Thomas@K*****ba.com. Is that you?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.