locked Re: double-click in JTAlert not working #FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/08/2020 4:30 pm, Ray KV4K Port Orchard WA via groups.io wrote:
Here's the solution that worked for me. Now I can click on a callsign slot in JTAlerts and it will start a QSO in WSJT-X
reference message
  by Laurie for more explanation.
What I did--
In the WSJT-X program
-File
 -Settings
  -Reporting
under network services
UDP server enter:
239.255.0.0
leave port at 2237
put check marks in the three boxes right there alongside in that section.
click OK

Ray,

Thanks for reporting your success.

The use of the multicast address as apposed to 127.0.0.1 should not matter. JTAlert has been coded to work with either. I have been unable to reproduce the non-response to Callsign clicks when using 127.0.0.1. I suspect something in your Windows/PC environment is the cause. Regardless, multicast is the way to go and is what I am recommending as the correct setup in the Help file.