locked Re: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert Log Info

Ed Wilson

"Los" and "Las" might be a couple more to consider if they are not there already...thanks, Laurie!

Ed, K0KC

From: "Laurie, VK3AMA"
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert Log Info

Hi Ed,

This is caused by the logic used to extract the QTH from the qrz.com XML data. Unfortunately, the XML data doesn't contain a QTH field, only a postal address field which is free-form in layout. Why qrz.com doesn't define a QTH specific field (they have Country and State fields) is unknown.

I have many keywords in the QTH extract code to help identify 2 word QTHs, "SAN" is not one of them. I'll add for the next release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 19/05/2013 5:01 AM, Ed Wilson wrote:
Laurie,

When working a California station today with JT65, I noticed that the logging information showed his QTH as "San" when it should have been "San Jose". The information is correct in QRZ.com. but somehow the space between "San" and "Jose" apparently fools JT-Alert. I am not sure if this is also an issue with JT-Alert-X. Since there are a lot of cities with "San" in their name, it would be great if you could come-up with a fix to have the complete QTH name show-up in the log info. This certainly is not a high-priority request, however.

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC