locked Re: Access setting without WSJT-X open

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/08/2020 5:00 am, James Fuller N7VR via groups.io wrote:
Every time I open JTALert with out WSJT-x running, I get an error message waiting for WSjt-x.
Only option is to wait or close.
I9m Fuller N7VR

JTAlert does not complete its startup until WSJT-X or JTDX is running, as critical communication settings in JTAlert cannot be set until the settings of WSJT-X/ JTDX are determined.

JTAlert needs to be running, fully started, before you can access the Settings window.

FWIW, I am not aware of any other applications that provide gui access to their settings without the parent application being first started, JTAlert is no different.