locked Re: Wanted Call-sign Alert

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/08/2020 7:39 am, John wrote:
Running JTAlert ver 2.16.10 and WSJT-X 2.12 . I am continually getting the "Wanted Country" alert when I already worked the country, in some cases more than once. It doesn't alert on all countries, only on 4 or 5. When I get that alert on countries I have already worked I go and delete it from the wanted call-sign list. It comes back and confirms that it has been deleted but I keep getting the alert. I have closed the app and restarted it but it doesn't make any difference. Any ideas.
73,
John  NA6Y

The "Wanted Country" and "Wanted Callsign" alerts are two different animals and are independent.

If your getting a "Wanted Country" alert for a Country you no longer need it is because that Country (dxcc) is still listed for that Band/Mode (depending on how your tracking dxccs) as needed. A Country will only stop being alerted once it is no longer set as needed.

You need to update your Country needs database by running the "Rebuild Alert Database" operation, that will automatically scan your log and remove dxccs that are no longer needed based on your QSL requirements. If your not using a Log with JTAlert then you will need to manually remove those dxccs.