locked Re: Virus?

Jim N6VH

On 7/20/2020 2:05 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

Kevin,

just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others.    Whenever Laurie releases a new version, there's a report of a virus, sure as clockwork.

The fact that you said Defender, then mentioned the Virustotal which also showed MS as flagging it didn't prove anything.   Defender is always one of the AV programs that flags the file.  The other is usually Norton ..

Neil, KN3ILZ

_._,_._,_

Neil,

I use Norton (at least for now), and very rarely get an actual virus warning. What I do get is a message saying the file is new, there are very few users, and it isn't trusted (or words to that effect). I click on "Trust" and all is well.

73,

Jim N6VH