locked Re: Grid Alerts: Preparing JTA Settings for CQ WW VHF Contest with Grids. #DXLAB

Mark W2OR

Thank you.  That's good news, as usual, from the one and only JTA pro of pros.

I am told by a local op here that, for this CQ WW VHF contest, JTA and/or the DXKeeper log app, are not needed for this particular contest, if one operates in data mode only.  Instead, one can just use the built-in WSJT contest log, in WSJT contest mode, with WSJT keeping track of, and providing color coded alerts (hopefully) for new grids.  That's good news ... if true.

If that WSJT-only option is used, and since I don't know the logging intricacies, it'd probably be best to first:
~~ If necessary, Copy the WSJT ALL.txt file and store in a safe place.
~~ Delete the old ALL.txt file, and start a new one for use during the contest.
~~ Reset the WSJT cabrillo log (to erase old log entries, if any).
~~ Test everything hours before the contest begins.  Of course.

Thanks again for a truly remarkable app ... its varied features never cease to amaze.
C U this weekend on 6m FT8, Laurie  : )

// Mark